Lady Wolverine’s Softball team holds winning record, prepares for senior night

Adrianna Williams, Staff Reporter

This year, the Northlake Lady Wolverines Softball team started strong, currently holding a 13-4 record at the halfway point in the season. Their next games are tonight at 4:00 and 6:00 pm as they will play a doubleheader for their senior night. Their first game will be against Pearl River and Pope will follow directly after.

“I feel great about the season because not only are we winning, but we are connecting with each other. This team has a lot of drive and passion even when we are down by a lot and the umpires are against us. This team perseveres and never gives up,” explained senior center-fielder Clea Davis.

“This season is going great. Our team has bonded and it is showing in our games. The entire team is motivated to succeed and I think it will only get better from here,” states senior shortstop KeraGrace Watts.

Seniors Clea Davis, Kaci Vojtaskovic, Lauren Theobold and Watts are key players for this team, but younger girls on the team have also held significant weight in the success this season. Freshman pitcher Brooke Narretto, eighth grade third baseman Cheyenne Jenkins, and seventh grade utility player Sasha King are strong additions to this team, taking on plays and contributing greatly to the team’s wins.

“Jenkins is our starting 3rd baseman and she is insane. She is so good hearted and she hustles more than anyone else,” expresses Davis.

This season has a special meaning to the seniors considering it is their last season with the Lady Wolverines. Last year, the team went all the way to state, losing in the last round. Inevitably, that’s the goal this year as well.

“I’m sad that this is my last year with this team but I know that they will continue to work hard. I will miss the jokes we have and all of the memories we’ve made will stay with me, but I can’t wait to see what these girls do in the future,” says Watts.

This team has a lot of drive and dedication this year. The outlook on this season is promising and the Lady Wolverines are hungry for nothing but victory.