Relieving Stress

Relieving Stress

Mia Russano, Staff reporter

Do you want to know how your favorite teachers, Mr.Blair and Mrs.Gatto deal with stress? Stress can be rough and it can make you feel useless. But, stress is manageable; you just have to keep an open-minded perspective on new tactics to try!

Mrs.Gatto believes that talking to someone you trust about it can be very helpful. It is helpful because you can get what is bothering you off of your chest and also get the person’s advice on how they think you should go about the problem.

“I talk with someone who I deeply trust about the stress/situation so that I can get his perspective. Getting another perspective from someone that you really trust is a healthy way to process the stress and to help you feel better,” says Mrs.Gatto.

This could benefit students because they could talk to their friends or family about the problem and not feel ashamed of having the problem in the first place.

Mr. Blair teaches us not only the rule of 10 but also to not worry about little things that will not matter in the future. He explains to us that if it is out of our control then it is most likely not something that should be worried about because things will work out!

“ Someone once told me about the rule of 10. What are the consequences of my decision in 10 minutes, 10 months, and in 10 years? Don’t sweat the small stuff,” says, Mr. Blair

This rule can be very helpful to students. If we think about how a decision will really affect us in the future then most of us will not be as stressed about the problem.

“Some things are out of your control, and you just have to let go. Focus on what you can do. Don’t put things off. Keep things in perspective,” explains Mr.Blair

I know this could make students feel better about their problems. When someone we trust says to let things go, it makes us feel like it’s okay. As students, we hold on to the little things that really bug us but never do anything about it. It’s true: sometimes life happens. We just have to remember the rule of 10.